Thursday, February 24, 2011

Unique Start to Our Morning Routine

As always, we get up, get Drew ready......and David & I part company. I leave to take Drew to daycare & go into work a bit early. David leaves a few minutes later heading down to Starkvegas.

I(kk) made it into work around 7:15am. Around 7:45, I got a phone call from David. He was sitting on the side of the road about 30 minutes south of Tupelo. We believe it's a problem with the radiator. Regardless, I called the necessary folks with our insurance (which took about 20 minutes), arranging a tow truck & working out what mechanic's shop to have it dropped at. Then, I headed out to go pick him up.

The good news, David is okay. He was able to pull off at a great spot with plenty of room for the wrecker & they will be working on his car today. I will be on the road tomorrow for work & he will be able to use my car without any issues.

So, instead of being upset about this, we are just very thankful that it everyone is safe. Obviously, we hope that it is not a big deal with the car (financially speaking). Plus, we had the opportunity to eat lunch together today (which is a special treat). I will be working late tonight because of my meeting tomorrow....this afforded time for us to spend together (I will probably be working till midnight & wouldn't have seen David till tomorrow night).

No comments: