Friday, February 4, 2011

Busy

Life has been busy the last few months. We haven't had a chance to breath. In fact, I'm still at work as I (kk) type this post. David & Drew have been frequently bringing dinner to me at least 3 nights a week.....so, I can keep pushing my work out.

I love my job. I love my co-workers & boss. I don't love the hours. However, I know this is where God wants me. So, here I am. Praise God for a loving & supportive husband!! This week, I managed to cook supper 3x & he was so excited. He is not a man of many words, but he is always extra boastful about my cooking....makes a girl smile :)

One of David's co-workers adopted a baby from Nepal this week. David is covering one of his classes while they are out of the country. It has been a very long and hard journey for this couple. They spent over a month last fall in Nepal, after being approved for the adoption & then the U.S. Embassy shut down the adoptions in that country. So, they had to leave their child in the orphanage. Thru a ton of letter writing by thousands of people to our senators, representatives and State Department......& most importantly, the grace & perfect timing of our Lord...they got the call last week. This week, they officially adopted their son. Congrats to Mike & Karyn! Welcome to parenthood!!

As many of you know, I have always wanted & planned on adopting. I praise God every day that He gifted David & I with Drew. It is so hard to see what our friends have gone through, but so wonderful to see the beautiful beginning of their family. We pray that God will still make this hope of adopting, a reality. Till then.....I'm loving my house full of boys....in fact, I think I might just go home RIGHT NOW!! Bye for now....

No comments: