Monday, February 18, 2008

Listen & Act

Ok, for my girls... I'm trying to continually post things God is doing in my life right now. Wherever you are on your journey, whatever you are called to do.... I hope that something speaks to you. All my love, K-rin

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.
James 1:22-25

I have verse 25 on my cubicle wall at work. I have to remind myself that it’s not enough to read the bible….I actually have to do the things God tells me to do. Sometimes, as Christians we deceive ourselves that the process of “going to church, listening to the preacher, or doing our bible study” is enough. Nope, it says that if we are to be blessed- we actually have to do what it says.

There is a person at work that continually aggravates me…..and I need to remember that I am called to love this guy. I am called to “continually read the word” and
“continually love” this guy. Only after putting the word in action, do we receive blessing. I don’t know about any of you but I’ll take all the blessings I can get!! So, again for my attitude……. I have to adjust it!! I have to think positively. I have to be joyful in ALL circumstances…

No comments: