Monday, July 28, 2008

Church Happenings

We had a young preacher come and give a “trial sermon” (I’ll refrain my thoughts on that term) yesterday. We have been without a pastor for about 9 months. (Interesting fact: The preacher was the same age as David). We went out to eat with several other couples and the pastor & his family last night. I’m glad we had the opportunity to get to know them better. Our Sunday School class met with them Saturday. We were out of town Friday night and didn’t get back till Saturday after lunch. So, it was nice for us to spend a little more time getting to know the “person” not just the “preacher.”

We have had some interesting events going on in the music ministry at church. We had a new interim music director for one week. Now, we are back to “normal”…….but not exactly normal. When Tracy, music director, asked me last week to help with choir……I thought I’d be helping teach parts/harmonies. Somehow, my agreement to help…. translated into directing the choir. I haven’t done anything like that in 10 years. For their Sunday special, the choir did great! However, I was a big ball of nerves.

My favorite part of yesterday’s services: Not only was the church packed out, but everyone was fellowshipping with one another. We had a big pot-luck lunch……everyone stuck around for a while & just hung-out. Even after church last night, everyone just stayed a while and really fellowshipped. Everyone was laughing and smiling. It was refreshing. Our church needed a little laughter.

Oh.....and here's a little pic of a jam session we had at our house last weekend. We all had a blast.

No comments: