Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Another Day, Another Year, Another Blessing

I (kk) recently had another birthday. My hubby thought it would be nice to put big "29" candles on the cake. However, I didn't even flinch at the thought of 31. It feels right somehow. I don't feel like I'm a "youngin" anymore...not that I feel old either. Thirty-one fits perfectly, just like a glove.

As for my celebrating, I had a great visit from a dear friend, Anna Wallace. I've known Anna for a little over 12 years now. (We met the summer before I began college). She caught a ride with David on Friday in Starkville & back with him on Monday. So, I got a few days of a little some estrogen in my overly testosterone house!!Haha!! We watched the opening of the Olympics & some prelims for several sports. So, basically I spent the weekend on the couch :) David gave me a cute card that Drew also added a drawing to. I got some flowers & the aforementioned cake........to which I must admit,Drew enjoyed even more than the birthday girl.
Then, I spent Sunday night in an overwhelmingly wonderful church service. The Holy Spirit showed up & blessed my socks off!! Our new church has been such a sweet blessing in our lives this year. What better gift than the gift of true fellowship with other believers & with the Spirit of the Living God!!

No comments: