Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Birthday Invite


Drew is about to turn the big "1" on the 20th. (I can't believe it's been a year). We are having a small birthday gathering of family at my brother's house. My brother lives about 2.5 hours away, but he is about half-way between my grandmother & grandparents. So, it should be a perfect location. I know we could have it here & invite lots of kids & friends. However, since it's his first birthday......and he's not all that aware of what a birthday is yet, we decided that we're going to invite family & call it a day. My (kk) family is a JOHN DEERE family. Both sides of my family are composed of simple country people that are true farmers (one side cattle, one side produce). Both have their John Deere legacies. So, we are making it one big family country ho-down. I wish David's family were closer, but we will seem them over the holidays. So, Drew won't miss out on seeing them around his birthday as well.

I made a simple postcard to send out to everyone. I didn't think too much about it, but David really loves it. It's just a simple John Deere green & yellow layout (with John Deere font). If it gives anyone any ideas, I gladly share it.

I'm still figuring out what to do for the party favors, but when I do......I'll post pictures for everyone to enjoy.

No comments: