Monday, November 15, 2010

Birthday Favors

I have really gone back & forth for what to give as birthday favors at Drew's birthday party. Usually, you give the other kids a goodie bag of little favors. I've even been to a few lately....that even though there were not many kids, you still got the kiddy bag (crayons, toy, bubbles, etc). I'm not sure most adults appreciate that though. So, since no other kids will be there this weekend. I've been struggling to think of what to do.
Friday- I finally made a plan.
Saturday - I purchased my materials.
Sunday - I executed it.


























































Items Used:
1x6 lumber
sanding blocks
paint (John Deere© green & yellow)
2 foam paint brushes
steel wire
plastic frames (remove back magnet)
Liquid Nails© (bonding adhesive)
Yellow Ribbon
Kodak© glossy photo paper

Tools Used:
Miter Saw (cut lumber into preferred lengths)
Drill (to drill holes for wire)
pliers (to bend wire)
wire cutters (to cut wire)
scissors

3 comments:

Robbie said...

LOVE those!! So cute!!! I did some favors for the kids coming to Gracie's but that makes me wonder about something for the adults! I'm like you....I don't like giving regular favors to the kids...I always try to do something better and more practical! :) You did such a great job!!!

Wyeth Family said...

So cute! Wish I had thought about these! :)

kayla said...

those are so cute! I just might make one for harper for the heck of it. thanks for the inspiration!:)