Thursday, June 19, 2008

just a ramble

I’ve had to work longer days this week b/c of my frantic upheaval last week. I think I had to cut off my boss mid-sentence 4 out of the 5 days. While technically, we are an 8-5 office….. salaried individuals are expected to work longer hours. We were told that 40 hours is a base minimum. VBS was totally worth the dirty looks though!! Four children accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior!!!

My little brother & his wife drove up Tuesday night for dinner. They even graciously picked David up in Starkville and took him back. Thanks for the gas-saving tactics of Matt. It was the first big meal I’ve cooked in the house…… plus the first time we ate on our dining table. I just re-covered the chairs this weekend…..so, it was nice to use them!! I miss having family around... especially my brothers. I remember going off to college without them. It was the first time anyone met me for me.....not me & my brothers (we are stair-steps..only a year apart b/t each of us). My brothers eventually ended up at MSU (but 3-4 years later). Anyway, I love my sister-in-law, Kellie (David's sister is named Kelly as well). Matthew married such a lady. I'm so proud of him. He's doing so well at his job (& making 3x my salary!!). They'll go far in life in many ways. I wish they lived closer.

We still have boxes everywhere……and nothing is hanging on the walls. I still haven’t found blinds/curtains for several rooms. It’s a never ending battle I’ve decided. I don’t want to shove boxes in the attic without going thru them first. I’m trying my best to purge!

1 comment:

Gibbarella said...

We have been living in our house almost 2 years and I am still looking for curtains and we still have boxes in the garage. Matt receintly brought a new box of his childhood stuff from his parents house so you will always have boxes.