Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bottletree Bakery



We had a lovely, yet abbreviated time with everyone Saturday. A few of us arch. grads got together in Oxford. Several people were around for weddings this past weekend (Robyn & Andy, Kelly & Matt)... plus Anne, Lacie Carole & I drove over. (Anne, I had a great time with you Friday night. Glad we got some extra time before the semi-reunion!! I'm glad Jack liked you.......and I'm glad the spare bedroom was semi-put-together!!)It was so refreshing to spend time with my counterparts. College carved out the perfect niche for us all. Then, we were dumped in the real world. It's hard find those friends that challenge, spur, and understand you. David & I have made friends here......although, we both realize that our college friends will never be replaced. I realize how much I miss that intellectual stimulation!! I miss discussions on theory & philosophy. I haven't found anyone that's heard of Jane Jacobs, much less mourned her passing. I miss someone truly understanding what I do!

If another person asks me, "Do you draw houses?"....comments, "Oh, you make so much money." (Yeah, look up the national average! I could make much more teaching! You only make the big bucks if you OWN your firm) ....or the real kicker, "I wish I could spend my days just drawing." (To which I reply,"So do I!!") Okay, down off my soapbox......I just miss the mutual understanding that I had with my classmates. Life is so short, I guess I'm just blessed to have for a time been completely surrounded by the most wonderfully gifted, clever, and freakin' hilarious people.

To my fellow archies: YOU ROCK!! You are loved!! Let's definitely do that reunion!!

No comments: