Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

Sadly, neither of us got to spend time with or see our Mother’s this weekend. We did get to talk to both of them Sunday! However, Friday night we traveled to spend some time with my maternal grandmother (for Mother’s Day). It was a quick trip. We packed up & drove down Friday evening…….then, left at 12noon Saturday. It was the first time my grandparents got to meet Jack. Thankfully, he was a good boy…….and we’ve discovered, a good traveler too!! I wish we could have stayed longer. It turns out my little brother showed up at my grandparents about 30minutes after we were on the road. Bummer. Hopefully, he & his wife can come for a visit before he heads back to Texas.

Our sod came in Saturday afternoon, and we spent the rest of the day & Sunday afternoon laying it. We got about halfway done. I (kk) wasn’t as much help as David. I just moved sod from the pallet to the wheelbarrow & then dropped the sod from the wheel barrow to the ground (where David did most of the hard work). I was the designated cutter (b/c I’m the perfectionist). David was new to laying sod…..so, it was good we started it together. We make a pretty good team. We’re both pretty sore today though. Ironically, the sidewalk looked pretty good compared to the yard before………now, it looks awful. We’ll need to tackle that at some point in the future.

We also finished painting our bistro table & chairs for the porch. They were bright green. They needed sanding & re-painting (a deep red) for their new home. Maybe one of these days we can put up a porch swing!!....... not this year though. We’re just trying to get the major things done.

We have yet to really do much on the inside. We are still living in a cardboard kingdom!

David would do a much better job than I describing the weather we’ve had lately….. We had tornadoes come thru Tupelo last Thursday & then again Saturday. David, of course, went storm chasing Thursday & watched the tornado come thru. He loved it! There was also an earthquake in Sherman (that was felt here in Tupelo).




1 comment:

laura said...

I thought about Dave when I heard about those tornadoes.