Monday, January 18, 2010

Careful What You Wish For...

Well, I wanted more time with Drew......and now, I have it. Along with a good chunk of the firm, I was laid off Friday. Yep, less than two weeks after returning to work from maternity leave.
Financially, it's really bad timing. However, I know that God will provide. God's plans are bigger than mine.
Today, I'm just going to enjoy spending time with Drew. He's got a little cold...So, you know, I would have had to stay at home anyway!! David's at another conference this week till Thursday night. I get to have the boy all to myself till then.

Prayer is always good....so, pour it on!!

2 comments:

The Yates Family said...

karen-
i have been a SAHM for 5 years and I know without a doubt what a great provider God is. I felt like God wanted me home with my children and my husband agreed and it has been such a blessing. Yes, sometimes we live off of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (me and Mike) but being able to be the first to see my children through their first milestones and just to be able to enjoy every minute of everyday WITH them...its truly been the biggest blessing in my life:-) Congrats on baby Drew...he is precious...enjoy all the time you have with him...in the blink of an eye he will start kindergarten. (My oldest registers for K in April, turns 5 in May, and starts KLE in August! :( )

Mandi Jo

Ginny said...

Girl we are praying!!! I completely understand how you feel, but at least you have a lot more time to spend with Drew. God's behind this, we may not see it now, but He is.

Praying :)

Gin