Thursday, September 17, 2009

Twilight

Ok.....so, I (kk) have a confession. I'm a Twilight fan. I saw the original movie, thought it was good but nothing grand. However, the books are what did me in. A collegue of mine recommended the books to me. We are constantly swapping and recommending different books. Usually, we stick to the classics & cult-classics.....ie. Fountain Head, Clockwork Orange, Slaughterhouse Five, Time Machine....and authors like H.G. Wells, Oscar Wilde, & Henry James. So, when he recommended these books to me....I laughed out loud. It was completely out of the box. I asked him, if he had turned into a 14 yr old girl. Then laughed.

Well I, not to be conquered by any book, took the challenge...even if begrudingly so. They are definitely an easy fun read. I finished all 4 books inside a week. Afterwards, I must admit...I'm a Twilight fan. The books are clean, fun, humorous, adventurous, and with of course the story of first love entertwined. (The fact that there are vampires & werewolves is kinda secondary to the plot). So, I'm looking forward to the upcoming movie, which is the second book "New Moon." There are several different trailers out already. I found this one on youTube that combines them all. It basically spells out the whole plot. If you're a Twi-fan too...then, you'll enjoy.

No comments: