Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sickness

We have been battling the sickness!! Last week, I (kk) had an ear infection (still getting over that!). This weekend & week, David has been battling the flu.....and when I say battling.....I mean, David is getting his tail kicked by this thing. I've never been so scared, ever. He was delirious, literally. His fever & the dehydration haven taken its toll on him. We haven't slept much in the last 3 nights. It's the worst strain of the flu that I've ever seen. It's like a combination of the flu and the stomach virus. He's missed school Monday & today.....and he's in no shape to go back tomorrow. I took off yesterday & drove him to the student health center at MSU. We almost didn't make it there though..... I was tempted, very tempted to take him to the ER Sunday night. Today, he has taken a few steps backward & seems like we are having to start from scratch on his progress. Today, I've been leaving work periodically to check on him.... but I'm beginning to feel the beginnings of the flu myself. Please pray, that I don't get sick too.....so, that I can take care of him.....but in the very least, pray that we aren't sick at the same time........ that way we can take turns taking care of each other.

We were supposed to go to my grandparents this weekend. However, an ice storm kept us off the road. God is good......because if we had given this to my grandparents- they wouldn't have made it. We serve an awesome, powerful, & all-knowing God!!

1 comment:

Gibbarella said...

I hope you and David start feeling better. When did you have an ice storm? I hope you dont get bad weather this weekend, it looks like Friday it may rain/snow here in Nashville.

Love ya